Except for the first enrollment, which is done at the Office of Graduate Studies, all other enrollments must be done by the graduate students, at the times and before the deadlines set by CoPGr, through the website https://uspdigital.usp.br/janus, even those who have already fulfilled all the necessary credits (enrollment for monitoring).
Removal from the Program
Article 52 – Students may be removed or dropped from the program in the following cases:
I – failing grade twice in the same course or in three different course;
II – if student does not regularly enroll for two consecutive school periods within the time frame established in the school calendar established by the CoPGr;
III – if the student does not pass the qualification examination within the time frames established in the General Rules of the Program;
IV – absence of a detailed justification from the student, with the advisor’s consent, when the majority of the evaluations consider the Thesis or Dissertation not suitable for defense, under the terms of the rules set forth in § 4 of article 96 of these Regulations;
V – if the student does not comply with the activities or requirements within the stated time limits;
VI – upon request of the interested party.
In addition to the rules established in article 52 of USP’s Regulations for Graduate Studies, students may be removed from the Graduate Program (whether Master’s, Doctorate and Direct Doctorate) if one of the following situations occurs:
- Written and detailed negative evaluation of the advisor regarding the progress of the student’s scheduled activities, which must be submitted to the approval of the CCP. “Scheduled activities” are understood as those established at the beginning of the program by the advisor together with the student, and with the approval of the CCP. These scheduled activities involve, in addition to the courses to be taken, the preparation of periodic reports regarding the progress of the research or other activities developed in the period, which must be submitted to the CCP.
- Any Doctorate or Direct Doctorate student who fails the Specific Knowledge Test, twice, according to item XIII of the regulation.
- Any student who fails to submit his or her reports on the dates established by the CCP and disclosed by the Office of Graduate Studies or if his or her report is not approved twice consecutively, based on the detailed evaluation of internal and/or external counselors.
- Any student whose does not demonstrate a certificate of passing the English proficiency test within the time frame set forth in the rules.
- Foreign students who do not demonstrate a certificate of passing the Portuguese language proficiency test within the time frame set forth in the Program’s rules.
Transfer to another Program, Major, or Course
Program transfers may be: from Master’s Degree to Direct Doctorate, from Direct Doctorate to Master’s Degree, from Doctorate to Master’s Degree or from Direct Doctorate to Doctorate.
Program transfers will be analyzed by the CCP upon request of the student, with the advisor’s consent.
IX.1 – Upon passing the Qualification Examination, and at the suggestion of the Examining Commission, the student may request a change from Master’s Degree to Direct Doctorate, with the advisor’s consent. In such cases, the CCP will analyze the request based on the evaluation of the qualification Examining Commission and in the detailed evaluation, issued by a rapporteur indicated thereby regarding the student’s new research project and academic performance.
IX.2 – In exceptional cases, the student may directly request the CCP to transfer from Direct Doctorate to Master’s, from Doctorate to Master’s, or from Direct Doctorate to Doctorate, with the advisor’s consent. In these cases, the CCP will analyze the request based on a detailed evaluation issued by a rapporteur indicated thereby regarding the student’s research project and academic performance.
IX.3 – To change the level, the deadlines and credits required for the qualification examination and final deadline of the new program must be verified. If these deadlines have already elapsed or there is no time to fulfill the credits required for the QE in the new program, such change will not be possible.
IX.4 – In addition to the documents requested for the Qualification Exam, the student must:
- present, at the end of the paper, a chapter/item called “Doctorate or Master’s Project”;
- submit a justification requesting the transfer, signed by the advisor;
- have one (1) paper published or submitted up to 03 (three) months prior to the date of the request for transfer, in a journal with an Impact Factor equal to or higher than the median for the area (Biological Sciences 1), according to the criteria of CAPES (Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior) (as available on the website: capes.gov.br) (for transferring from Master’s to Direct Doctorate).
IX.5 – The final deliberation of the CCP on transferring level shall be ratified by the CPG