Prof. Dr. Julio Cesar Batista Ferreira
- Professor Doutor
- Depto Anatomia – ICB III / USP
- Telefone: 55 (11) 3091-0931
- Fax: 55 (11) 3091-7366
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Currículo Lattes:
Linha de pesquisa
Systems biology and drug discovery.
Dr. Julio CB Ferreira leads a multi-disciplinary group that spans basic to translational research. His lab research focuses in understanding the role of mitochondria in integrating intracellular signals that affect function, morphology and life/death decision of somatic cells. Ferreira’s lab uses different molecular, biochemical and physiological approaches to discover new mitochondrial-related targets that affect cell biology. These studies will help to develop more powerful and selective molecules to treat diseases. His lab recently designed selective peptides that interfere with protein-protein interactions to study signal transduction in normal and disease states (i.e. cardiac diseases). More recently, research in his lab focuses on the validation of small molecule activators of aldehyde dehydrogenases, a family of detoxifying enzymes that are involved in a variety of human diseases. His group recently found that aldehydes strongly affects progenitor cell fate decisions.
Principais trabalhos publicados
- Gomes KS, Bechara LR, Lima V, Ribeiro MA, Campos JC, Dourado P, Kowaltowski AL, Mochly-Rosen D, Ferreira JCB. Aldehydic load and aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 profile during the progression of post-myocardial infarction cardiomyopathy: benefits of Alda-1. International Journal of Cardiology. v.179, p.129-138, 2015. Fator de impacto 6.1, Citações Google Scholar: 3
- Gross E, Zambelli VO, Small BA, Ferreira JCB, Chen C, Mochly-Rosen D. A personalized medicine approach for Asian-Americans with the aldehyde dehydrogenase 2*2 variant. Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology. v.55, p.107-127, 2015. Fator impacto: 18.6, Citações Google Scholar: 1
- Gomes KS, Campos JC, Bechara LR, Queliconi B, Lima V, Disatnik M, Dourado P, Chen C, Brum PC, Kowaltowski AL, Mochly-Rosen D, Ferreira JCB. Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2 activation is sufficient to induce cardioprotection in heart failure. Cardiovascular Research. v.103, p.498-508, 2014. Fator de impacto 6.0 Editorial: Yavari A and Ashrafian H. Potentiating mitochondrial aldehyde dehydrogenase 2 to treat post-infarction heart failure Cardiovascular Research. v.103, p.429-31, 2014. Fator de impacto 5.9, Citações Google Scholar: 12
- Chen C, Ferreira JCB, Gross E, Mochly-Rosen D. Targeting Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 2 – New Therapeutic Opportunities. Physiological Reviews. v.94, p.1-34, 2014. Fator de impacto 29.0, Citações Google Scholar: 32 (artigo na faixa 1% dos artigos mais citados no Thompson Reuters desde sua publicação).
- Figueira, TR*, Barros MH*, Camargo AA*, Castilho RF*, Ferreira JCB*, Kowaltowski AJ*, Sluse FE*, Souza-pinto N*, Vercesi AE*. Mitochondria as a source of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species: from molecular mechanisms to human health. Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, v.18, p.2029-74, 2013. * Equal contribution Fator de impacto 7.2. Citações Google Scholar: 80 (artigo na faixa 1% dos artigos mais citados no Thompson Reuters desde sua publicação).
- Yogalingam G, Hwang S, Ferreira JCB, Mochly-Rosen D. Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) phosphorylation by protein kinase Cδ (PKCδ) inhibits mitochondria elimination by lysosomal-like structures following ischemia and reoxygenation-induced injury. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, v.288, p.18947-60, 2013. Fator impacto: 4.6. Citações Google Scholar: 13
- Campos JC, Queliconi B, Dourado PM, Cunha T, Zambelli VO, Bechara L, Kowaltowski AJ, Brum PC, Ferreira JCB. Exercise Training Restores Cardiac Protein Quality Control in Heart Failure. Plos One, v. 7, p. e52764, 2012. Fator impacto: 3.7. Citações Google Scholar: 24
- Sun L, Ferreira JCB, Mochly-Rosen D. ALDH2 activator inhibits increased myocardial infarction injury by nitroglycerin tolerance. Science Translational Medicine, v2, p. 107-11, 2011. Fator de impacto 14.4. Citações Google Scholar: 28
- Palaniyandi SS, Sun L, Ferreira JCB, Mochly-Rosen D. Protein kinase C in heart failure: a therapeutic target?. Cardiovascular Research, v.82, p. 229-239, 2009. Fator de impacto 5.9. Citações Google Scholar: 120
- Ferreira JCB*, Koyanagi T*, Palaniyandi SS, Fajardo G, Churchill EN, Budas G, Disatnik MH, Bernstein D, Brum PC, Mochly-Rosen D. Pharmacological inhibition of bIIPKC is cardioprotective in late-stage hypertrophy. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology, v51, p. 980-7, 2011. Fator de impacto 5.1 * Equal contribution Citações Google Scholar: 17
- Churchill EN, Ferreira JC, Brum PC, Szweda LI, Mochly-Rosen D. Ischaemic preconditioning improves proteasomal activity and increases the degradation of PKC during reperfusion. Cardiovascular Research, v. 85, p. 385-394, 2010. Fator de impacto 5.9. Citações Google Scholar: 61